Campus Closed for Remainder of School Year, Distance Learning Continues
Due to the global COVID-19 situation, Branson's campus will not reopen this school year, Head of School Chris Mazzola announced on April 7, 2020. Distance learning will continue through June. All athletics are effectively cancelled for the remainder of the year.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.Read the announcement.
The campus is also closed to the community, in keeping with the Marin County "Shelter in Place" orders and to protect the health and well-being of the faculty, staff, and their families who reside on campus.
Branson's distance learning will continue throughout the duration of the school year. Highlights of Branson's Distance Learning Plan are as follows:
- Branson is running a modified daily schedule, 9 am - 3:50 pm, to create a balanced educational experience for our students.
- All classes are being via Zoom video conference; each will be initiated by the teacher.
- No homework is assigned outside of scheduled class meetings.
- Teachers take attendance, make announcements, and discuss the structure of the lesson for the day.
- Assemblies are cancelled but advisory groups are continuing to meet.
- Teachers are continuing to use Powerschool Learning (Haiku) to share course materials as well as Branson email to communicate directly with students. Blackbaud is being used as usual for attendance and other school administrative business.
As of Monday, April 13, we will follow a new distance learning schedule, as follows:
We thank Branson families, faculty, staff, and students for your flexibility and understanding as we all continue to navigate this rapidly evolving situation. Our primary goal is to keep our students, employees, and families as safe and healthy as possible, while continuing to deliver an excellent educational experience to our students.