Bay Area BlendEd Consortium
The Branson School joined the Bay Area BlendEd in fall 2018. It was founded by Urban School, The Athenian School, The College Preparatory School, Lick-Wilmerding High School and Marin Academy in order to bring students a new level of engaging curriculum that takes advantage of the geography, talent and culture of the Bay Area.
Courses offered by the BlendEd Consortium combine face-to-face and online instruction and help our students prepare for the changing methods of instruction and communication they will see in college and in the workforce, while preserving the core relational culture and values that are at the heart of Branson's educational missions.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.Rich Parsons.
- Commit to ~5-6 hours of coursework per week.
- Attend 3-5 face-to-face (F2F) sessions/field trips.
- Participate in regular virtual class meetings.
- Receive credit on their home school transcripts.
- Work actively, creatively, independently, and collaboratively.
- Take responsibility for their progress and learning.
- Open to 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students.
- Rigorous and challenging.
- Often take advantage of the unique local learning resources.
- Meet thorough blended learning design/delivery standards.
- UC approved (some are “a-f”, most are “g” approved).
- Have an average size of ~11 (and range from 5-18 students).
- Medical Mysteries
- Women’s Studies
- Astronomy / Astrophysics
- Business and Law
- Gender Studies / LGBTQ History
- Applied Engineering / Engineering
- Gentrification: Politics, Economics, Sociology, and Urban Planning
- Middle Eastern Studies / Religion and Politics
- Fall 2018: Plan for 2019-20 Catalog + Course Topic Survey of students.
- Winter 2018/Spring 2019: Finalize 2019-20 Catalog + UCOP Submissions.
- Spring 2019: Course Selections + Enrollment Process.
- Summer 2019: BlendEd Symposium 2019.
- Course development + additional teacher training and coaching.
- Fall 2019: Branson teachers leading and students attending BlendEd courses.